Over the last four years, we have become so humbled by your response to JAN the Journal. For the last three issues, the Journal has comprised over 320 pages filled with over 50 tried-and-tested recipes, and a variety of stories about everything ranging from food and ingredients to the people who have dedicated their lives to their craft, as well as an appreciation of the finer things in life.
Much of what gives JAN the Journal its unique personality is its quirks, from stories about what your dining behaviour says about you to informative articles about topics like living off the grid and making your own kombucha. But since our first issue, our Golden Ticket, which we hide in the pages of one lucky reader’s Journal, has become one of our most anticipated traditions. There have been many Golden Tickets over the years, each an invitation to experience something of Jan Hendrik’s world, like a visit to Restaurant JAN in Nice, a dinner at JAN Innovation Studio in Cape Town, or the experience of a lifetime at Klein JAN.
JAN the Journal Volume 7 is no different, except that this time, there are 5 Golden Tickets up for grabs!
We are excited to announce that we’re including five Golden Tickets in random online orders over the next five months, each bringing lucky readers one step closer to the grand prize: an exclusive, all-expenses paid trip to Tswalu Kalahari and Restaurant Klein JAN – worth over R150 000. Each of the five Golden Tickets will be entered into the lucky draw to win the grand prize that includes, for two people sharing:
- A Tswalu experience and two nights’ accommodation at The Motse
- A dinner experience at Restaurant Klein JAN
- Return chartered flights with Fireblade Aviation*
That’s right, you and someone special will be flown in on chartered flights to Tswalu, Kalahari and spend two evenings at the luxurious the Motse camp. You will be treated to a dinner experience at Restaurant Klein JAN – an experience you definitely won’t forget.
The complete Tswalu experience includes:
- Private game viewing vehicle with a dedicated guide and tracker
- Walking safaris
- Nature walks, including traditional plant use interpretation
- Horse riding and birdwatching
- All meals including a variety of dining experiences from boma dinners to dune picnics
- All beverages and full selection from our award-winning wine-list
- En suite tea and coffee making facilities
- En suite private bar and gourmet pantry
- Laundry and valet services
- Wireless internet access and national telephone calls
Terms and conditions:
This Competition (the “Competition”) is organised by JAN Innovation Studio (Pty) Ltd, 87 Kloof Street, 1st Floor Gardens, Cape Town (the “Promoter”). All participants (“Participants”) in this Competition shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. By participating in this Competition, Participants warrant that they have read and agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions:
- This Competition runs between July and November 2021. Entries close when the fifth and final Golden Ticket has been redeemed.
- This Competition is only open to South African residents.
- To enter, participants must order a copy of JAN the Journal Volume 7 from JANonline.com and redeem the Golden Ticket that is placed in five randomly selected copies, between the months of July and November 2021.
- Employees of Spekko, JAN Innovation Studio and their immediate family and friends, are not permitted to enter this Competition.
- The winner will be randomly selected from one of the five Golden Ticket entries received between July and November 2021, by JAN Innovation Studio in December 2021.
- The winner will receive (i) a Tswalu experience and two nights’ accommodation at The Motse, (ii) a dinner experience at Restaurant Klein JAN, and (iii) return chartered flights with Fireblade Aviation, witch operates from ExecuJet (Cape Town) and Fireblade Johannesburg – transfers to the airbase are not included in this prize. No other prizes are included for the entrants of the lucky draw.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If a winner chosen does not comply, their entry will be disqualified, and a new winner will be selected by JAN Innovation Studio.
- The prize cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
- JAN Innovation Studio and Spekko will not be held liable for entries not received for any reason whatsoever and will not be responsible for network connectivity or hardware issues experienced while participating.
- Jan Innovation Studio reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- Entry into this Competition will be deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The JAN Golden Ticket competition is open to residents of South Africa only, except for employees of JAN Innovation Studio, Tswalu and Oppenheimer Generations, and anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
- The winner will be randomly selected from one of the five Golden Ticket entries received between July and November 2021, each included in a random copy of JAN the Journal Volume 7 ordered from JANonline.com.
- The JAN Golden Ticket competition is for the prize stated above only and cannot be redeemed in cash or any other alternative than the listed prize. Only one winner is selected from the five Golden Ticket entries, and there are no other prizes included for four remaining.
- The JAN Golden Ticket will be redeemable for up to 24 months from the date of receipt.
* Fireblade Aviation operates from ExecuJet (Cape Town) and Fireblade Johannesburg, and transfers to the airbase are not included in this prize.