Are You an Impulsive or Compulsive Traveller?
Curious about what your travelling habits say about you? Are you the type of traveller who throws caution to the wind and embraces spontaneous adventures, or do you meticulously plan every detail of your journey, leaving no stone unturned? Planning a trip says a lot about you. There are those individuals who meticulously create lists and delve into extensive research around every little detail surrounding their travel destination, while others embrace impulsiveness and are content to go with the flow. Sometimes, these contrasting types get the opportunity to travel together and either manage to coexist in harmony or drive each other absolutely mad. When you know what kind of traveller you (or your travel companion) are, it could mean the difference between a travel disaster or the experience of a lifetime. Use this score card quiz to figure out which side of the scale you fall on before planning your next trip. Simply choose one option from each scenario sketched below and keep a tally of your score. But whatever you do, take it with a generous pinch of salt.
SCENARIO 1: LAST-MINUTE GETAWAY
- You thrive on spontaneity and embrace the thrill of last-minute adventures.
- You prefer to have every detail planned well in advance, leaving no room for surprises.
SCENARIO 2: PACKING STYLE
- You toss essentials into a bag, relying on your improvisational skills along the way.
- You create meticulous packing lists, ensuring you have everything you could possibly need.
SCENARIO 3: ITINERARY
- You prefer to go with the flow, allowing for unexpected detours and discoveries.
- You stick to a rigid itinerary, maximising every minute of your trip.
SCENARIO 4: RESEARCH
- You embrace the element of surprise and prefer to learn about your destination on the go.
- You exhaustively research every aspect of your destination, leaving no stone unturned.
SCENARIO 5: DINING EXPERIENCES
- You love indulging in spontaneous food adventures, sampling local cuisines on a whim.
- You meticulously research and pre-book dining reservations to ensure a flawless culinary experience.
SCENARIO 6: SIGHTSEEING
- You enjoy wandering aimlessly, stumbling upon hidden gems and serendipitous moments.
- You have a detailed sightseeing plan, maximizing your time and ensuring you see all the major attractions.
Now, let’s see where you landed!
12 -18: YOU’RE TOTALLY SPONTANEOUS!
You thrive on uncertainty, rising to the occasion when called upon to bring order to chaos, or simply just to let the chaos be. You thrive on spontaneity, embrace surprises, and enjoy the freedom of wandering without a rigid plan. So go forth and let your adventurous spirit lead the way!
6 – 11: YOU’RE SUPER BY THE BOOK!
Meticulous planning and attention to detail are your strengths. You appreciate structure and feel more comfortable with a well-organised itinerary. So head out, convert that colour-coded itinerary into a spreadsheet, and unleash your inner travel ninja!
No matter where you fall on this scale, though, you’re never one or the other. It helps to know what works for you and what doesn’t, but you don’t have to put a label on it. There’s nothing stopping you from asking, “Why not both?”
JAN the Journal Volume 11
Join us as we travel around the world to visit those special places that stir our curiosities and inspire us to cook our way to a fuller life. Through an extensive collection of stories and recipes, this volume looks for beauty in imperfection, finds strength in family, and indulges in the surprises we discover on the other side of the horizon. Read more here.
WHY NOT BOTH?
RMB understands that no two wealth journeys are the same, which is why their private advisors offer you a holistic advice-led approach based on your individual wealth ambitions. With your entire balance sheet in mind, your RMB advisor will offer a solution through every stage of your life to ensure your personal wealth grows and remains protected. Faced with a choice between traditional values and innovative solutions RMB asks, why choose? You can have your cake and eat it. Sometimes, a little savoury with the sweet reveals a new perspective on an old classic.